RFR: 8304834: Fix wrapper insertion in TestScaffold.parseArgs(String args[]) [v2]

Chris Plummer cjplummer at openjdk.org
Fri Mar 24 21:39:34 UTC 2023

On Fri, 24 Mar 2023 06:31:14 GMT, Leonid Mesnik <lmesnik at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> The TestScaffold incorrectly parse options, it should insert wrapper class between VM options and applications classame.
>
> Leonid Mesnik has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   added comments and trim arguments

Changes look good. I was hoping it would fix more of the failing tests than it did. I get we'll need to take a closer look at them. Would be good to eventually diagnose the root cause of the failures and get bugs filed for each category of failure.

test/jdk/com/sun/jdi/TestScaffold.java line 520:

> 518:             argInfo.targetAppCommandLine = TestScaffold.class.getName() + ' '
> 519:                     + mainWrapper + ' ' + argInfo.targetAppCommandLine;
> 520:             argInfo.targetVMArgs += "--enable-preview ";

It looks like previously we ignored `main.wrapper` if not set to `Virtual`, but with your chagnes we accept any setting. That's ok, but `--enable-preview` is really on needed when set to `Virtual`.