RFR: 8304834: Fix wrapper insertion in TestScaffold.parseArgs(String args[]) [v2]

David Holmes dholmes at openjdk.org
Tue Mar 28 04:37:28 UTC 2023

On Mon, 27 Mar 2023 18:25:52 GMT, Leonid Mesnik <lmesnik at openjdk.org> wrote:

> > Isn't the `-Xss4M` supposed to be passed as `-J-Xss4M`? That is what the original logic is expecting.
>
> I haven't seen that -J-.. is used here in the args, all tests just use vm flags directly. I am not sure if updating tests is the correct option here.

Well whomever wrote the original parsing code expected that VM args would be passed using -J AFAICS. And if handling of non -J VM args is currently broken (per this PR) then how are those other tests working?

Also note that if a test tries to set the classpath without using the `-J-classpath <path>` form then your code will not work correctly as the `<path>` would be treated as the class name.