RFR: 8316447: 8 sun/management/jmxremote tests ignore VM flags

Kevin Walls kevinw at openjdk.org
Thu Oct 5 08:34:10 UTC 2023

On Thu, 5 Oct 2023 05:32:20 GMT, Leonid Mesnik <lmesnik at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Updated test to use createTesJvm.
> Removed internal timeout to not fail when Xcomp is used and also to get more info if the test times out.,
>
> Tested by running tier1, hs-tier5 and executing test with various VM flags.

Looks good -

test/jdk/sun/management/jmxremote/bootstrap/JMXAgentInterfaceBinding.java
        private boolean jmxAgentStarted = false;
...this line can be removed as well I think.

ProcessTools does have createTestJvm(List<String> command), so the frequent toArray seems unnecessary.
The method does toArray itself 8-) and is recent compared to some of the tests,
so maybe the tests haven't changed since ProcessTools createJavaProcessBuilder and createTestJvm added versions that takes a List.