RFR: JDK-8317920: JDWP-agent sends broken exception event with onthrow option [v5]

Chris Plummer cjplummer at openjdk.org
Tue Oct 17 19:54:24 UTC 2023

On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 19:29:48 GMT, Johannes Bechberger <jbechberger at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Maybe in a follow-up in a PR? This is not directly related to the exception value and could potentially change the behavior of the `onthrow` feature, therefore needing more tests.

Possibly, but the changes I made already have us partway there by using threadControl_onEventHandlerEntry(). I still want to look into a few things. It's no clear to me what happens w.r.t. the debugger setting up event requests after the connection is established. For example, is there a potential timing issue that can lead to the ExceptionEvent being sent too soon.