RFR: 8318410: [TESTBUG] jdk/java/lang/instrument/BootClassPath/BootClassPathTest.sh fails on Japanese Windows [v2]

Kimura Yukihiro kyukihiro at openjdk.org
Thu Oct 19 07:59:09 UTC 2023

On Thu, 19 Oct 2023 07:54:47 GMT, Kimura Yukihiro <kyukihiro at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> I would like to fix this issue
>> because the test dose not work as intended.
>> Could someone please review it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Kimura Yukihiro
>
> Kimura Yukihiro has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   8318410: [TESTBUG] jdk/java/lang/instrument/BootClassPath/BootClassPathTest.sh fails on Japanese Windows

Hi Serguei,

Thank you for your comment.

I tested these encoding name using LANG, LC_ALL and LC_CTYPE environment variables on Linux.
For instance, when I tested "ETC_TW", I set LANG and  LC_CTYPE to zh_TW.euctw which I got with "locale -a" command.
I took these encoding names from
GetJavaProperties() and ParseLocale() in java.base/unix/native/libjava/java_props_md.c.

And I tested only English and Japanese Windows because I could not make all environments.
I think these names are correct because I took them from
GetJavaProperties() and getEncodingInternal() in java.base/windows/native/libjava/java_props_md.c.

Thanks,
Kimura Yukihiro