RFR: 8335966: Remove incorrect problem listing of java/lang/instrument/NativeMethodPrefixAgent.java in ProblemList-Virtual.txt

Jaikiran Pai jpai at openjdk.org
Tue Jul 9 08:46:57 UTC 2024

Can I please get a review of this change which removes an incorrect entry from `ProblemList-Virtual.txt`?

As noted in https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8335966 this entry is a left over which went unnoticed when we did the changes in https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8333130.

The refactored test `NativeMethodPrefixApp` has been functioning without the errors for which `NativeMethodPrefixAgent` was previously problem listed. So I haven't replaced that problem list entry and instead have just removed it.

`NativeMethodPrefixApp` is known to run into an intermittent timeout with virtual threads and that's tracked in https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8334167 and I think it's not problem listing worthy given the relatively low frequency of such timeouts. Furthermore, in the coming days, I plan to propose a change to this `NativeMethodPrefixApp` test which should fix the timeout failures.

To verify that this removal doesn't cause any unexpected issues, I've triggered a CI run of the relevant tier.

Commit messages:

Changes: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/20094/files
  Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=20094&range=00
  Issue: https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8335966