RFR: 8333391: Test com/sun/jdi/InterruptHangTest.java failed: Thread was never interrupted during sleep

Chris Plummer cjplummer at openjdk.org
Fri Jul 19 18:45:40 UTC 2024

The test sometimes fails because the InterruptException doesn't arrive during the 100ms that the thread sleeps. My suspicion is that the interrupt is being delayed for some external reason, like temporary load on the host. I'm bumping the sleep period to 10s to hopefully avoid such an issue. This won't make the test run any slower when it passes, but will make it slower (by about 10 seconds) when it fails due to waiting longer for the InterruptException to never arrive, assuming it still might fail for this reason.

I tested by running the InterruptHangTest locally. TBD I will run all of con/sun/jdi on all supported platforms.

Commit messages:
 - Allow for a much longer sleep while waiting for the interrupt to arrive

Changes: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/20263/files
  Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=20263&range=00
  Issue: https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8333391
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jdk.git pull/20263/head:pull/20263