RFR: 8334492: DiagnosticCommands (jcmd) should accept %p in output filenames and substitute PID [v12]

Kevin Walls kevinw at openjdk.org
Thu Jul 25 13:13:34 UTC 2024

On Thu, 25 Jul 2024 10:54:43 GMT, Kevin Walls <kevinw at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Do we need to update all the initialisations to set _filename members to type "FILE" ?

I checked, no we don't NEED to change them.  We can, it works either way.  It does affect the help output. e.g.

Arguments:
        filepath :  The file path to the output file (FILE, no default value)

...which would be good as it's a  way of telling people these are FILEs therefore %p is interpreted, rather than just a STRING.