RFR: 8330146: assert(!_thread->is_in_any_VTMS_transition()) failed

Alan Bateman alanb at openjdk.org
Fri May 3 06:51:51 UTC 2024

On Thu, 2 May 2024 22:40:02 GMT, Chris Plummer <cjplummer at openjdk.org> wrote:

> It seems maybe we should instead be trying to avoid these events by preloading the classes as was suggested as an option in the CR.

I don't think preloading PinnedThreadPrinter will solve it completely. First usage could potentially load a lot of other classes, e.g. the current implementation uses streams and several other APIs. Going forward, this debugging option should be removed. It's already removed in the loom repo. It has been the source of several issues.