RFR: 8327114: Attach in Linux may have wrong behaviour when pid == ns_pid (Kubernetes debug container) [v2]

Sebastian Lövdahl duke at openjdk.org
Mon May 6 17:37:53 UTC 2024

On Mon, 6 May 2024 17:29:05 GMT, Sebastian Lövdahl <duke at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> 8327114: Attach in Linux may have wrong behaviour when pid == ns_pid (Kubernetes debug container)
>
> Sebastian Lövdahl has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Reworked attach logic

I pushed an updated attempt at this now with d3e26a0c444e06ba9757fd528d72d83f56cd098b. Local testing and `make test TEST="jtreg:test/hotspot/jtreg/containers"` + `make test TEST="jtreg:test/hotspot/jtreg/serviceability"` indicate that all the known use-cases work.

Still eager to see what you come up with @larry-cable. `createAttachFile` could still be improved for example. And I would also be interested in looking into writing some test for the elevated privileges case.