RFR: 8328866: Add raw monitor rank support to the debug agent. [v4]

Chris Plummer cjplummer at openjdk.org
Wed May 8 20:36:53 UTC 2024

On Wed, 8 May 2024 20:23:21 GMT, Serguei Spitsyn <sspitsyn at openjdk.org> wrote:

> A "leaf" failure is more specific than a "rank order" failure, so it is better to report it first. Each "leaf" failure is also a "rank order" failure (AFAICS).

It's not just a matter of which is reported first. Even if you swap the order of your two loops you get the same result. The problem is the "rank" loop does not check if any of the leaf monitors are already held. I think to fix that it would have to iterate up to NUM_DEBUG_RAW_MONITORS, which means there is overlap with the range that the "leaf" loop iterators over.