RFR: 8330694: Rename 'HeapRegion' to 'G1HeapRegion' [v9]

Chris Plummer cjplummer at openjdk.org
Mon May 13 17:30:05 UTC 2024

On Sat, 11 May 2024 11:12:44 GMT, Lei Zaakjyu <duke at openjdk.org> wrote:

> > I noticed that the HeapRegionManager and HeapRegionClosure classes were not renamed (in the hotspot source). Is this intentional or an oversite?
>
> OK, I will do all the SA part here. However, I do think that the other classes named 'HeapRegion*' in the hotspot source should be dealt with in follow-up PRs.

I think there was a misunderstanding here. I was not asking you to rename these in SA. I was asking why they were not renamed in hotspot. If you want to do them in a follow-up then that is ok, but both hotspot and SA should be done together. So that means either undoing the most recent SA change or applying the same rename change to hotspot.