RFR: 8328866: Add raw monitor rank support to the debug agent. [v7]

Chris Plummer cjplummer at openjdk.org
Wed May 22 17:46:06 UTC 2024

@kevinjwalls I tracked down this deadlock and filed [JDK-8332738](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8332738). It's really a pre-existing issue, but we get lucky with the current implementation because RawMonitorExit does not self suspend until after releasing the monitor, thus avoiding the deadlock. The ranked monitors implementation adds a self suspend opportunity when we release a raw monitor, which is it hits this bug. This is a very ugly issue that involves two threads getting events at the same time, and the debugger doing a StackFrame.PopFrames. Fortunately the "pop frames" locks are not involved.