RFR: 8332923: ObjectMonitorUsage.java failed with unexpected waiter_count

David Holmes dholmes at openjdk.org
Mon May 27 02:35:04 UTC 2024

On Sun, 26 May 2024 09:27:00 GMT, SendaoYan <syan at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>   ObjectMonitorUsage.java failed with `unexpected waiter_count` after [JDK-8328083](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8328083) on linux x86_32. It should be predicated with `@requires vm.continuations` to be skipped.
>
> Additional testing:
> - [x] linux x86_32, test has been skiped.
> - [x] linux x86_64, test still work.

Seems to me that test has been using virtual threads, ignoring the vm.continuations setting since before JDK-8328083 was fixed. It is not clear to me how the test was operating before-hand in that case? If it was running on 32-bit Linux without continuations before then skipping it now seems the wrong fix, as the updated test would seem to have some invalid constraints encoded in it.