RFR: 8333013: Update vmTestbase/nsk/share/LocalProcess.java to don't use finalization [v2]

Leonid Mesnik lmesnik at openjdk.org
Tue May 28 20:55:30 UTC 2024

> The vmTestbase/nsk/share/LocalProcess.java is a wrapper for debuggee process. It extends FinalizableObject to kill the debuggee process.
>
> The debuggee process is used by nsk.jdb tests only, see runTest(...) in vmTestbase/nsk/share/jdb/JdbTest.java:
> https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/master/test/hotspot/jtreg/vmTestbase/nsk/share/jdb/JdbTest.java#L189
>
> I verified that process is always already terminated when is cleaned during VM shutdown hook,
> So the fix is just to remove the finalization.
>
> I also moved LocalProcess into nsk.share.jdb to reduce the visibility of class and hardened checks in runTest.

Leonid Mesnik has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:

  fixed check

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19418/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19418/files/4f72b873..d77d6798

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=19418&range=01
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=19418&range=00-01

  Stats: 1 line in 1 file changed: 0 ins; 0 del; 1 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jdk.git pull/19418/head:pull/19418

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19418