RFR 8225014: Separate ShenandoahRootScanner method for object_iterate

Aleksey Shipilev shade at redhat.com
Thu May 30 09:16:17 UTC 2019

On 5/30/19 2:52 AM, Zhengyu Gu wrote:
> Please review this patch that allows SH::object_iterate() invokes ShenandoahRootScanner method
> without assertion. A regression test is also added.

> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~zgu/JDK-8225014/webrev.00/

*) Suggestion for the name "roots_do_no_assert" -> "roots_do_unchecked"

*) I was thinking that object_iterate should visit the code cache too. Current shared method would
do that optionally depending on ShenandoahConcurrentScanCodeRoots. Maybe it is cleaner to just do
the separate "roots_do_all" specifically for heap iteration?

Regression test looks nice.

--
Thanks,
-Aleksey