ANNOUNCEMENT: About to re-convert *all* mirrors

Erik Helin erik.helin at oracle.com
Mon Aug 19 14:25:13 UTC 2019

Hi all,

we need to incorporate a few changes from census [0] into the commit
metadata (some contributors have updated their real names) and align the
commit messages with the syntax defined in JEP 357 [1]. Unfortunately
this means that all hashes of all commits will change. We know this is
disruptive for everyone using the mirrors, hopefully this is the last
time we need to do a full re-conversion.

We are aiming to refresh all git repositories on Thursday Aug 22.

If you have a personal fork then we recommend that you recreate the fork
_after_ we have refreshed the mirrors. If you have local clones then we
recommend that you re-clone the repositories _after_ we have refreshed
the mirrors. If you have local commits that you wish to preserve then we
recommend that you turn your commits into patches and then apply them in
your re-cloned local repositories:

     $ git format-patch <from>..<to> --stdout > /tmp/commits.mbox
     $ cd /path/to/re-cloned/repository/from/refreshed/mirror
     $ git am /tmp/commits.mbox

Thanks,
Erik & Robin

[0]: https://openjdk.java.net/census