The Skara tooling is now open source

Erik Helin erik.helin at oracle.com
Mon Jun 24 13:06:44 UTC 2019

Hi all,

we are happy to announce that the tooling for project Skara [0] is now
open source and available at https://github.com/openjdk/skara. The Skara
tooling includes both server-side tools (so called "bots") as well as
several command-line tools:
- git-jcheck
- git-webrev
- git-defpath
- git-fork
- git-pr
- git-translate
- git-info
- git-skara

The goal of project Skara is "... to investigate alternative SCM and
code review options for the JDK source code ..." [0] and these tools
represent the technical part of that work. For more information on how
to get started with the tools, the workflows they enable and how we
avoid vendor lock-in, please see the OpenJDK wiki page for project Skara
[1].

We are more than happy to accept contributions to the Skara tooling,
both via patches sent to the Skara mailing list [2] and in the form of
pull requests on GitHub [3]. You can find open issues to work on in the
Skara JBS project [4]. Please also file issues if you run into any bugs!

We would like to thank everyone that has contributed to project Skara:
- Joe Darcy
- Mark Reinhold
- Erik Joelsson
- Tim Bell
- Tony Squier
- Tiep Vo
- Stanislav Smirnov
- Christian Tornqvist
- Dalibor Topic
- Jeff Dinkins

If you have any questions, feel free to send them to the Skara mailing
list [2] or come hang out in the #openjdk IRC channel [5].

Thanks,
Erik and Robin

[0]: https://openjdk.java.net/projects/skara/
[1]: https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/skara