RFR: Initial mailing list mapping rules for the jdk repository

Robin Westberg rwestberg at openjdk.java.net
Tue Aug 25 16:53:43 UTC 2020

Hi all,

This is an initial version of the mailing list mapping rules that will be used after the main jdk repository
transitions to Git and starts accepting pull requests. This is not the final location of this list (currently it is
part of a bot configuration file, but could conceivably also reside in the jdk repository itself) - but in order to
improve it I am going to ask for help from knowledgeable JDK contributors to refine the rules for areas that they are
interested in. Using the Skara repository to coordinate such updates seems reasonable.

This initial version has been created by looking at reviews for existing commits and matching them with a review on a
mailing list. That list has then been adjusted manually by applying the generated rules to existing commits, and
checking if they actually match the lists that were used for reviewing them.

Finally I've also applied the rules found at https://openjdk.java.net/groups/2d/2dawtfiles.html (thanks @prrace!)  and
I suspect that similar lists exists for many more parts of the JDK, but perhaps not written down. So this is the expert
knowledge I am looking for!

When the initial version has been integrated, I'll send out a separate email with more details on how it can be used
and tested.

Best regards,
Robin

Commit messages: