RFR: 983: Github commit links 404

Erik Joelsson erikj at openjdk.java.net
Fri Apr 23 19:59:34 UTC 2021

On Thu, 22 Apr 2021 23:04:51 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <kcr at openjdk.org> wrote:

> 1. Do all places that generate a commit URL use the `webUrl` method?

>From what I can tell, yes.

> 2. Are there any places that extract the printed name from the URL (if so, those would now print the full 40 char hash)?
In bug comments, we typically print the full URL and let Jira interpret it as a link (with the full URL as link text). In other

places, like in Jira links, we already generate our own link text, and Github/Gitlab seems to recognize these links and generate their own link text for them.

> 3. Are there place other than `IssueNotifer::onNewCommits` where you might need to check for old versus new hashes? I think this would only be a problem if there were other similar places that checked whether the URL had already been seen.

I searched for all uses of the webUrl method to look at what it was used for. This was the only usage that wasn't just adding the link to some kind of message.

> 4. Are there any tests that need to be updated (or written)?

All tests ran successfully so nothing need changing. Perhaps I should add a test case for the parsing of existing URLs in comments.

Erik D asked me to run this on staging for a bit (which will affect reviews in the Skara project) so we can see how it works.