RFR: 1236: Add jcheck option to check for large binary files [v3]

Guoxiong Li gli at openjdk.java.net
Sat Dec 4 15:30:24 UTC 2021

On Fri, 3 Dec 2021 14:44:35 GMT, Erik Joelsson <erikj at openjdk.org> wrote:

>  I think you need to figure out the size by inspecting the binary patch. I'm not sure exactly how, but it looks like all the binary data is encoded in the patch hunks.

I dive into the diff information to find the size. Only the added and deleted files have the entire size. The modified files have the delta size (modified size) which we can't use. And the renamed and copied files have no size, they only have the source path and target patch.

May need help from the experts who are famaliar with Git/HG.