RFR: 1052: Memory leak in RestRequestCache

Kevin Rushforth kcr at openjdk.java.net
Tue May 25 23:12:44 UTC 2021

On Tue, 25 May 2021 22:59:02 GMT, Erik Joelsson <erikj at openjdk.org> wrote:

> This patch adds a regularly scheduled cache eviction call to the RestRequestCache.

Looks fine, although I raised a question about the default frequency.

bot/src/main/java/org/openjdk/skara/bot/BotRunnerConfiguration.java line 328:

> 326:     Duration cacheEvictionInterval() {
> 327:         if (!config.contains("runner") || !config.get("runner").contains("cache_eviction_interval")) {
> 328:             var defaultValue = Duration.ofMinutes(5);

Have you done any testing to see if a default interval of 5 minutes is the right frequency for cache evictions? Naively, it seems like it might be too often. Is there a performance impact?