RFR: 1150: Migrate skara tooling for client code to reference the new client-libs-dev list

Kevin Rushforth kcr at openjdk.java.net
Tue Sep 7 20:59:54 UTC 2021

On Tue, 7 Sep 2021 19:25:11 GMT, Erik Joelsson <erikj at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Here is my attempt at trying to rewrite the rules for automatic labeling for the new "client" label and client-libs-dev mailing list. I took the combined contents of the previous 2d, awt, sound and swing labels, sorted the lines and then tried to manually merge as much as possible. It's possible I didn't get everything correct or at least not fully optimized.

@prrace should take a look at this.

It can probably be optimized further if we assume that everything under `src/java.desktop`, with the exception of the two directories that are part of `java.beans` should get the `client` label. This will pick up a couple directories (for accessibility) and a handful of other files that weren't included before, but I suspect that was probably an oversight.

With that assumption, I think this would be the minimal reduction:

src/java.desktop/aix
src/java.desktop/linux
src/java.desktop/macosx
src/java.desktop/share/classes/com/sun/accessibility
src/java.desktop/share/classes/com/sun/imageio
src/java.desktop/share/classes/com/sun/java
src/java.desktop/share/classes/com/sun/media
src/java.desktop/share/classes/com/sun/swing
src/java.desktop/share/classes/java/applet
src/java.desktop/share/classes/java/awt
src/java.desktop/share/classes/javax
src/java.desktop/share/classes/sun
src/java.desktop/share/conf
src/java.desktop/share/legal
src/java.desktop/share/native
src/java.desktop/unix
src/java.desktop/windows

And then you would probably add the 3 beans files that formerly had the `2d` label, plus the build and test files from your PR. Let's see what Phil says.