RFR: SKARA-1096: New command and label for JEPs, similar to CSR [v4]

Erik Joelsson erikj at openjdk.java.net
Mon Apr 11 19:05:20 UTC 2022

On Mon, 11 Apr 2022 17:42:54 GMT, Guoxiong Li <gli at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> I tried to query in the webUI and then convert to advanced query. That gives me:
>> https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20JDK%20AND%20issuetype%20%3D%20JEP%20AND%20%22JEP%20Number%22%20~%20%2211%22
>>
>> Trying that with the rest api seems to work too:
>> https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/rest/api/2/search?jql=project=JDK%20AND%20%22JEP%20Number%22~11
>
> @erikj79 we tried the same thing at the same time and got the same result. So the result should be reliable.

When I have been introducing new API calls to Github/Gitlab, I introduced manual tests so that I could verify and debug the interaction with the remote services. These tests required specialized setup that we can't put in the OpenJDK Skara repo (credentials and URLs) and the tests are of a nature that we don't want to run automatically all the time. But at least having something that you can run when you need to, helps a lot. See `forge/src/test/java/org/openjdk/skara/forge/ManualForgeTests.java` for an example. I don't have any example for Jira. Since this is just a read query, this test won't need authentication at least.