RFR: 1408: GitLabMergeRequest#reviews sometimes finds the wrong commit HASH

Erik Joelsson erikj at openjdk.java.net
Mon Apr 25 23:34:57 UTC 2022

On Mon, 25 Apr 2022 22:13:10 GMT, Guoxiong Li <gli at openjdk.org> wrote:

> So I think SKARA-1400 may be a wrong analysis and different commit should have different `create_at` date (which means we don't need to handle the situation of the same `create_at` date).

I filed SKARA-1400 because I had a merge request in our internal Gitlab instance where the two commits were committed at different times, but pushed at the same time, and the `created_at` time was exactly the same. This caused the sorting to go the wrong way, just as I described in that issue.

It's possible that by working with "versions" instead of "commits", the issue in SKARA-1400 won't happen, because commits pushed at the same time will automatically be part of the same version. I would rather keep it there though, it won't cause any harm.