RFR: 1707: Bot warns about "No .jcheck/conf found" when it should not

Zhao Song zsong at openjdk.org
Mon Dec 5 22:02:35 UTC 2022

In [SKARA-1393](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/SKARA-1393), I added some checks to ensure the target branch of a pr contains valid jcheck configuration. This change went live on November 28, however, some users found that the warning of "No .jcheck/conf found" printed after they integrated their pr. After more investigation, I am thinking it's maybe a GitLab bug. Since when the issue happens, GitLab will always return "Commit Not Found", so we could have a temporary workaround right now.

For GitLab REST API:
If commit not found, it will return "404 Commit Not Found"

If file not found it will return "404 File Not Found"

For Github REST API:
If commit not found, it will return "No commit found for the ref "

If file not found it will return "Not found"

Commit messages:
 - SKARA-1707

Changes: https://git.openjdk.org/skara/pull/1435/files
 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=skara&pr=1435&range=00