RFR: 1714: CSR detection only happens on the title bug of a PR [v2]

Zhao Song zsong at openjdk.org
Thu Dec 15 19:37:08 UTC 2022

On Thu, 15 Dec 2022 17:51:37 GMT, Erik Joelsson <erikj at openjdk.org> wrote:

> I've made a first pass over this patch. It's a rather complicated change which introduces a lot of corner cases that need careful reasoning and testing. I found some issues that I've pointed out, but there could definitely be more. We also know that the current CSR implementation has issues, which may get amplified by this change. I'm still not sure if we should risk going ahead with this before we figure out a better solution to the whole CSR functionality.

I fixed some of the problems you mentioned.

Before trying to fix SKARA-1714, I didn't realize it's so complicated. So I can totally understand your concerns. There must be some corner cases we haven't covered. I think I should do more tests and also think of how to move the functions from CSR bots to PR bots later.