Email collation of PR comments

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Tue Jan 18 07:20:07 UTC 2022

Not sure if something was recently changed but I'm now noticing some
emails from PR's are collating comments in a way that makes the email
very awkward to read/understand.

For example in:

https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/7079

I made two comments (one stand-alone and one as part of approving the
change):

------------
dholmes-ora commented 11 minutes ago

Thanks Thomas! I was too focused on the original string and didn't check
that the exception code was going to make a copy anyway. There's likely
multiple copies made on the way to the final String object.

dholmes-ora approved these changes 10 minutes ago

dholmes-ora left a comment

Seems fine.

Thanks,
David
------------

but the email that was sent flipped the order and just ran them
together, so the email has:

------------
Seems fine.

Thanks,
David

Thanks Thomas! I was too focused on the original string and didn't check
that the exception code was going to make a copy anyway. There's likely
multiple copies made on the way to the final String object.

I would have expected the comments to be presented in the order in which
they were written, and that there would be some kind of delimiter
between them so you could tell they were distinct comments.

Cheers,
David