RFR: 282: Make the review requirements more explicit in the progress list [v3]

Kevin Rushforth kcr at openjdk.java.net
Wed May 11 13:33:04 UTC 2022

On Wed, 11 May 2022 13:13:44 GMT, Magnus Ihse Bursie <ihse at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Filed https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/SKARA-1437 to follow up.
>
> Yes, they should. See https://openjdk.java.net/bylaws#_7 for official roles.
>
> However, to specify any requirement other than Reviewer seems to me to be mostly an academic exercise. In practice, no-one will ever set any limitation other than the project role as Reviewer. (I'm not even sure why that code is there in the first place. Just some completionist thinking, I believe.)

Actually, it's quite common to have as a requirement 2 reviewers, at least one of which must be a Reviewer and the other an Author (i.e., any role in the Project). Both `jdk` and `jfx` are configured this way. Here is the current Progress item that Skara adds in response to the command `/reviewers 2`:

- [ ] Change must be properly reviewed (2 reviews required, with at least 1 reviewer, 1 author)

And here is the comment:

The total number of required reviews for this PR (including the jcheck configuration and the last /reviewers command) is now set to 2 (with 1 of role reviewers, 1 of role authors).

Both "Reviewer" and "Author" should be capitalized in both messages. Separately, I see that the pluralization was fixed in the Progress item, but not the comment.