RFR: 1456: hgupdate-sync labeling ignores suffix on 8u releases

Erik Joelsson erikj at openjdk.java.net
Fri May 27 21:51:17 UTC 2022

This patch adds a new concept to the hgupdate-sync label logic, which I had naively thought was already there. Any version string with an "opt" part (basically a -suffix) gets treated as a separate release stream. I think this makes sense and is easily understood, but I'm looking for more eyes and thoughts on this.

While working on it, an existing test started failing. I ended up removing it as I can't see how that test is relevant or even correct. AFAIK we never accept X-pool as fixVersion when an issue is resolved, and hgupdate-sync should only be considered for resolved or closed bugs. I think this test was based on trying to mimic the old labeler and happened to find a mislabeled set of bugs.

Commit messages:
 - Fix comment
 - SKARA-1456

Changes: https://git.openjdk.java.net/skara/pull/1324/files