RFR: SKARA-1119: A bot should remind a PR author not to force push

Erik Joelsson erikj at openjdk.java.net
Tue May 31 18:19:45 UTC 2022

On Sun, 29 May 2022 13:30:26 GMT, Guoxiong Li <gli at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This patch adds a suggestion comment to the PR when the developers force-push the branch each time. Because I can't find the related rest api of the GitLab so I only implement it for GitHub.
>
> Thanks for taking the time to review.
>
> Best Regards,
> -- Guoxiong

bots/notify/src/main/java/org/openjdk/skara/bots/notify/prbranch/PullRequestBranchNotifier.java line 39:

> 37:             Please don't rebase and force-push to your branch of this PR because it invalidates previous review comments. \
> 38:             To keep track of your changes incrementally, you only need to merge the target branch (optionally), \
> 39:             commit your new change and push normally. The bot can squash them as a single commit when integrating.

Suggestion:

            Please do not rebase or force-push to an active PR as it invalidates existing review comments. \
            All changes will be squashed into a single commit automatically when integrating. \
            See [OpenJDK Developers’ Guide](https://openjdk.java.net/guide/#working-with-pull-requests).