RFR: 1364: Jira Issues should be resolved as "Fixed"

Erik Joelsson erikj at openjdk.org
Fri Sep 23 18:08:06 UTC 2022

On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 17:18:56 GMT, Zhao Song <duke at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Jira Issues will be resolved as "Fixed" regardless of the current state.

Since last we talked, I have been thinking about this some more. I think we actually do need to check the `resolution` of the issue before re-opening and resolving it. If it's already "resolved" "fixed" then we shouldn't touch the state.

The reason for this is to try to keep the bots idempotent as much as possible. If we need to rerun the notifier on commits, then if nothing needs to happen, nothing should happen.

The challenge here is that Skara doesn't currently know how to read the resolution, so we would need to implement support for that.