RFR: 1858: Make it possible to configure to require reviewers for "Merge" PRs [v2]

Erik Joelsson erikj at openjdk.org
Mon Apr 3 21:06:29 UTC 2023

On Mon, 3 Apr 2023 18:22:49 GMT, Zhao Song <zsong at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> jcheck/src/main/java/org/openjdk/skara/jcheck/ReviewersCheck.java line 70:
>>
>>> 68:     @Override
>>> 69:     Iterator<Issue> check(Commit commit, CommitMessage message, JCheckConfiguration conf, Census census) {
>>> 70:         if (utils.addsHgTag(commit)) {
>>
>> We can't just remove this default behavior in jcheck itself. Then the cli version of jcheck would always require reviewers for a merge commit. We are going to need a new setting in `.jcheck/conf` for this and the PR bot would override it when creating the jcheck instance.
>
> Ok, got it. If we have to make changes to `.jcheck/conf`. I will rework on this issue. It would be much easier than current solution.

I think you misunderstood me. It needs to be possible to configure this from `.jcheck/conf`, but we still want to also be able to control it in the PR bot configuration for a specific repository. In the latter case it would be inserted as a config override when create the jcheck instance.

We want to enable this for the jdk main repository, but it should not get inherited by all downstream and project repos.