RFR: 1271: Webrev generation should be optional

Zhao Song zsong at openjdk.org
Thu Feb 16 21:42:57 UTC 2023

On Thu, 16 Feb 2023 19:16:32 GMT, Erik Joelsson <erikj at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Currently, webrevs are generated automatically when a user pushes a new commit, and it's mandatory to choose either JSON or HTML when configuring the mlbridge bot. If both of them are disabled in the configuration, the bot will throw errors.
>>
>> In this patch, generating a webrev will be optional. If both JSON and HTML are disabled, no webrev will be generated.
>
> bots/mlbridge/src/main/java/org/openjdk/skara/bots/mlbridge/ArchiveMessages.java line 315:
>
>> 313:
>> 314:         return composeDependsOn(pr).map(line -> line + "\n\n").orElse("") +
>> 315:                 "Commit messages:\n" +
>
> // When changing this, ensure that the PR pattern in the notifier still matches
>
> Have you verified this?

I tried to find the related PR pattern again this morning, but unfortunately I still couldn't find it. I'm still confused about where to look for it. AFAIK, it's just the footer of the email.  Is there some place in the code where we would use this email and and parse it? I also tried resetting my head to the commit where the comment was added, but I couldn't find anything related to the notifier.