RFR: 755: Anything starting with a "/" is treated as a command

Vijay Kulkarni duke at openjdk.org
Fri Feb 24 15:45:58 UTC 2023

On Fri, 24 Feb 2023 15:10:47 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <kcr at openjdk.org> wrote:

> This seem like too simplistic an approach to me, in that it trades one problem for another. Now a typo in a command name, such as `/intigrate` or similar, will show up as a review comment without the helpful "unrecognized command" comment and suggestion to type `/help`.
>
> I might recommend the more targeted solution of not treating `/sometext` as a command when it appears in a code block.
>
> As for other problematic cases, wasn't there an earlier change to not treat `/sometext` as a command unless it was at the beginning of a line (after trimming whitespace)? If not, then that would also be a good change.
>
> I'll test that theory now: /integrate which Skara should ignore.

Thanks, for your feedback, yes, I agree that with this change, we won't be able to provide user feedback if there is a typo in the Skara command. But providing Skara feedback for the text mentioned only in the code block comes with assumptions that:

a) user won't type text starting with '/' outside the code block (e.g. /name-of-commenter)
b) user will always type Skara and non-Skara commands starting with '/' (e.g. windows/Linux commands) in the code block

If any of the above rules are not followed that would result in Skara bot feedback for invalid command.

Would that be an acceptable outcome?