RFR: 1939: Make work item scheduling more resilient against failures

Erik Joelsson erikj at openjdk.org
Fri Jun 9 23:14:15 UTC 2023

When the BotRunner calls getPeriodicItems, any failure will terminate the whole loop. This means that one misconfigured repository, or problem with the forge, can prevent all other repos from being processed. I think it would be a good idea to keep trying each bot instance in the list even if some of them fail.

This patch moves the catch clauses inside the loop. I'm also moving some logging and metrics gathering into a finally block.

Commit messages:
 - MACH5-1939

Changes: https://git.openjdk.org/skara/pull/1529/files
 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=skara&pr=1529&range=00