RFR: 1839: SKARA-1480 broke BridgeBotTests

Erik Joelsson erikj at openjdk.org
Mon Mar 13 21:33:52 UTC 2023

On Mon, 13 Mar 2023 20:55:17 GMT, Zhao Song <zsong at openjdk.org> wrote:

> This change looks good to me. But I don't know the meaning of 'user mapping' in the tests. Could you please explain it to me?

When converting from Mercurial to Git, we are also converting the format of users. In Mercurial, the user field in a changeset is generally on the form of a userId (erikj in my case). In Git the tradition is to use full name and email in every commit. The user mappings are used to help the conversion process translate from Mercurial users to Git users. In the test, there is a hardcoded mapping of two users (jjg and duke) which are the only ones represented in the changes being converted. Before SKARA-1480, the email addresses in these mappings where `*openjdk.java.net`, but in SKARA-1480 I changed them to `*openjdk.org`. This is causing the resulting Git hash to be different after the conversion.