RFR: 1907: Notifiers should not be stopped due to temporary issue failure when pr is integrated

Erik Joelsson erikj at openjdk.org
Wed May 10 19:59:26 UTC 2023

On Wed, 10 May 2023 18:12:20 GMT, Zhao Song <zsong at openjdk.org> wrote:

> In SKARA-1899, we stopped all notifiers if the bot found temporary issue failure because we think it's just temporary issue failure and once the failure got resolved, the notifiers will be triggered again. However, it will introduce a new problem. If the pr is integrated when the temporary issue failure is happening, the notifiers will not be trigger again because the pr bot will not update integrated pr body.
>
> In this patch, the conditions for stopping notifiers have been tightened.

This would fix the problem of not retargeting dependent PRs, but if an integrated PR is left with `TEMPORARY_ISSUE_FAILURE_MARKER`, then we will never resolve the Jira issue, because the notifier can't find the correct set of Jira issues associated with the PR.

I think we need to attack this in the PR bot somehow, to make sure we keep trying until we are able to resolve the jira issue link.