SKARA-2019 and dependent pull requests

erik.joelsson at oracle.com erik.joelsson at oracle.com
Wed Sep 27 20:50:55 UTC 2023

Hello,

Dependent pull requests weren't considered with this feature. The way it
works now, the approval logic won't be triggered until the PR targets a
branch that is configured for approval. A quick and dirty workaround
would be to configure 'pr/.*' as a set of branches that need approval
for the repo. A more correct solution would be to implement proper
support for pr/X branches by haing the bot extract the PR from the
target branch name and follow that dependency chain until we find a non
pr/X branch, and if that branch requires approval, activate the approval
logic.

/Erik