<Sound Dev> <AWT Dev> [9] Review Request: 8178971 Uncommon formatting and typos in java.desktop module

Sergey Bylokhov sergey.bylokhov at oracle.com
Wed Apr 19 21:23:11 UTC 2017

> In this grep output I see absolutely the same 5 spaces indentation instead of 4 spaces, multiple spaces  around "=".
> The source of those formatting issues maybe the same (replacing tabs by spaces). And I did not get why the source is important?

Its is unimportant because most of them are not in the public API, some of them are aligned intentionally, but if you will find something useful feel free to file it file it and fix.

> From the descripton of the bug you pretend:
>
> "Uncommon formatting and typos in java.desktop module"
>
> Then why only javax.sound is considered? A bug tittle issue?

Did you read the text which were in the first email, which describe what things were fixed?

> But this contradicts to the webrev you've sent because it contains
>
> src/java.desktop/share/classes/java/awt/image/AbstractMultiResolutionImage.java
> src/java.desktop/share/classes/java/awt/package-info.java
> src/java.desktop/share/classes/module-info.java
>
> files which are outside javax.sound AFAIK.

Just reread an initial message which has 3 points.

> Also,
>
> src/java.desktop/share/classes/javax/swing/JComponent.java
>
> 3738         * the same functionality and it is handled in {@Component}.
>
> should this mistake be corrected? JComponent is also a public API.

Yes, it should be fixed. This line was added after I created the patch. The new version is here:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~serb/8178971/webrev.01