<Swing Dev> [8] Review request for 7174970 NLS: [ccjk] Extra mnemonic keys at standard filechooserdialog (open and save) in metal L&F

Alexander Scherbatiy alexandr.scherbatiy at oracle.com
Mon Jun 18 11:09:52 UTC 2012

On 6/15/2012 1:32 PM, Pavel Porvatov wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> The fix looks good for me. I just wonder why in your webrev ALL lines
> of properties files are changed. E.g.
> basic_de.properties
> 187 lines changed: 0 ins; 0 del; 187 mod; 0 unchg
>
> Did you change line separators?
    This is because the windows line endings (^M) were removed from
these files.

    Thanks,
    Alexandr.

> Regards, Pavel
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>>  Could you review the updated fix:
>>    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~alexsch/7174970/webrev.01/
>>
>>   The fix consists of the 2 parts:
>>   1) Remove mnemonics from the
>> FileChooser.cancelButton.textAndMnemonic property for locales
>> different from the default in Basic resources.
>>   2) Add FileChooser.saveButton.textAndMnemonic and
>> FileChooser.openButton.textAndMnemonic properties without mnemonics
>> to the all Metal resources.
>>
>>   So the Metal L&F will not have the mnemonics on the JFileChooser
>> open and save buttons.
>>   The JFileChooser  cancel button does not have a mnemonic in the
>> default Basic resource. To be consistent the cancel button mnemonic
>> is removed for the others Basic locales as well.
>>
>>  Thanks,
>>  Alexandr.
>>

>> On 6/9/2012 2:29 PM, Alexander Scherbatiy wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> This is a request to review the fix for the issue:
>>>
>>> bug: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7174970
>>> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~alexsch/7174970/webrev.00/
>>>
>>> According to the issue 5081721 the Open, Save and Cancel buttons
>>> should not have mnemonics for the FileChooser.
>>>
>>> However they existed in the *.properties files:
>>> FileChooser.cancelButtonText=\u53D6\u6D88
>>> FileChooser.cancelButtonMnemonic=67
>>> FileChooser.saveButtonText=\u4FDD\u5B58
>>> FileChooser.saveButtonMnemonic=83
>>> FileChooser.openButtonText=\u6253\u5F00
>>> FileChooser.openButtonMnemonic=79
>>>
>>> Because of this the converting tool adds the mnemonics to the end of
>>> the new unified text and mnemonic properties:
>>> FileChooser.cancelButton.textAndMnemonic=\u53D6\u6D88(&C)
>>> FileChooser.saveButton.textAndMnemonic=\u4FDD\u5B58(&S)