<Swing Dev> [9] Review request for 8139394: more detailed message for "Could not initialize shell library"

Sergey Bylokhov sergey.bylokhov at oracle.com
Thu Nov 3 13:35:51 UTC 2016

----- semyon.sadetsky at oracle.com wrote:

> look for
> the

> handled.
> >> Really?
> >> How?
> >
> > This is a question how to catch an exception which we throw in the
> > Java_sun_awt_shell_Win32ShellFolder2_initIDs, or what?
> You are right it is possible. I already wrote the path is not shown.
> What is your concern?

My concern: is it necessary to use lastError message or not, since the message can varies. For example the message below does not explain the problem correctly:
"java.lang.InternalError: Could not initialize shell library . Не найдена указанная процедура"
I guess we can provide the same message ourself,