<Swing Dev> [10] Review Request: JDK-7108280 : JList.getSelectedValuesList fails if JList.setSelectionInterval larger than list

Jayathirth D V jayathirth.d.v at oracle.com
Fri Dec 1 10:47:01 UTC 2017

Hello Pankaj,

Please find my observation:

As you have mentioned I also feel that adding check in setSelectionInterval() or addSelectionInterval() would be a good approach. Since I am not aware of swing component code I will leave this decision to others.

Regarding http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pbansal/7108280/webrev.002/ :

May be we are not handling the case where validateLeadIndex() fails and we don't set selection interval and it is resulting in JCK test fail. If you can share what is behavior of JCK test failure after your change it would be helpful.

                Also specification of setSelectionInterval() or addSelectionInterval() mentions that "{@code anchor} doesn't have to be less than or equal to {@code lead}". So while validating arguments for setSelectionInterval() or addSelectionInterval() I think we should verify the value of anchor first and then check the value of (anchor + lead) instead of just checking whether lead < size.

Thanks,

Jay