<Swing Dev> [10] RFR JDK-8191803 : [TEST_BUG] : sanity/client/SwingSet/src/ProgressBarDemoTest.java failed with "Wait "greater then 1349" state to be reached

Alexandre (Shura) Iline alexandre.iline at oracle.com
Mon Dec 4 19:16:49 UTC 2017

> On Dec 4, 2017, at 10:54 AM, Phil Race <philip.race at oracle.com> wrote:
>
> From memory, I think Sergey is right that the jtreg default time out is 2 minutes (120 seconds).
> As to changing that to 3 minutes .. that is something that needs to be decided at a jtreg ownership level.

I though that Sergey suggested to change the timeout for this specific test. Per JTreg doc: /timeout=<seconds> could be used. This is a very valid suggestion, IMO.

> A little off topic, but I've sometimes pondered if jtreg ought to have an option to avoid running lengthy tests,
> when time is of the essence. e.g., any test that specifies a timeout greater than the default.

One way would be to mark the slow tests with a keyword, but I did not find any keyword used right now for that.

Client tests - at least those involving simulating user actions - should not be selected at all during such runs, I would expect. Simply because the user input simulation is (usually) accompanied with some waiting. Practically speaking, we should not expect those in rush to run headful tests anyway, and the test in question is marked with @key headful.

Shura