<Swing Dev> [10] RFR JDK-8187957:Tab Size does not work correctly in JTextArea

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Wed Nov 8 18:24:12 UTC 2017

Hi, Prasanta.
Is it possible that dropping the float part of "tabSize" and "x" will
cause Off-by-one error? For example:
     float tabSize=3.99f;
     float x=21.9f;
     int tabBase=0;
  649         int ntabs = ((int) x - tabBase) / (int)tabSize;
  650         return tabBase + ((ntabs + 1) * tabSize);

The result is: ntabs=7 -> 31.92 which is not correct.

I guess you will need something like this:
     int ntabs = (int) Math.ceil((x - tabBase) / tabSize);
     return tabBase + ntabs * tabSize;
The result is: ntabs=6 -> 23.94

--
Best regards, Sergey.