<Swing Dev> [10] Review Request: 8187399 Different problems in the javadoc's links in java.desktop package

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Wed Sep 13 22:39:00 UTC 2017

Hello,
Please review the fix for jdk10.

Some of the tidy warnings were fixed.
Report is here:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jjg/doc-report/jdk-by-module/java.desktop/report.html

  - java/awt/Desktop.java: the links to "developer.apple.com" were
removed, it seems that the URLs for these documents are changed over
time as well as content. We will mention only "CFBundleDocumentTypes"
and "Info.plist" in the description.
  - javax/print/attribute/standard/PresentationDirection.java: the link
was changed from ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/standards/pwg5100.3.pdf
to ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/standards/temp_archive/pwg5100.3.pdf , but
I guess this is a stable location because the files are there from 2004.
  - others are just broken links which were fixed.

I checked the whole list of links in the desktop module, and found that
some of them are broken. For example I cannot find an official place for
the tiff specification(and related documents). Also during migration
from sun.com we lost some documents, I leave such links as-is, and plan
to resurrect the documents somewhere.

Webrev can be found at: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~serb/8187399/webrev.00

--
Best regards, Sergey.