<Swing Dev> Remove System.out.println from ImageIcon.loadImage

Volodin, Vladislav vladislav.volodin at sap.com
Wed Jan 29 15:52:12 UTC 2020

Hi Jason,

I have few questions:

1. The second assignment is probably redundant:

} catch (InterruptedException e1) {
	wasInterrupted = true; // line #2, see comment below
	try {
		mTracker.waitForID(id, 0);
	} catch (InterruptedException e2) {
		loadStatus = MediaTracker.ABORTED;
		wasInterrupted = true; // <-- this is redundant, because of the line #2
	}
} finally {

2. I think the first call of "addImage" is not necessary:

boolean wasInterrupted = false;
mTracker.addImage(image, id); // maybe I should remove this, because of another comment down below.
try {
	loadStatus = 0;
	mTracker.addImage(image, id); // because of that

May I also ask you a question?
What is the purpose of interrupting the current thread in the finally block, instead of doing it in the second catch block (where e2 is created)? I assume that since we were able to handle the exception properly, and plus the entire block is in the synchronization area, in theory we have only one importer at the time.

Kind regards,
Vlad