<Swing Dev> MultiResolutionImage unusable with Buttons

Alan White alan at whitemail.net
Thu Mar 5 11:08:23 UTC 2020

Hi Folks

I'd like to help move https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8212226 this
along, or ask if anyone has a workaround to the issue.

To recap MultiResolutionImages work perfectly with JButton, until you
disable it, then you get the exception as per the bug above.

There is no way (unless you know better) to set a disabled icon on a
JButton via an Action, and in a large Swing app using actions,
architecturally finding a way to have to set images in both the Action and
the Button becomes challenging, as well as error prone. Any other
workarounds plse?

I'd like to investigate and maybe contribute to fixing 8212226 , I've not
contributed before, so any rules of the road docs you can point me at,
anybody I can work with on this, not really sure how this whole process
works so any pointers gladly appreciated!

Thanks
Alan