<Swing Dev> RFR JDK-8240995:[macos] Unified toolbar is broken in JDK 11

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Sat Mar 21 22:47:51 UTC 2020

Hi, Prasanta.

> Issue is because of the fact that with migration to new SDK by JDK-8205424, the flags used to specify textured background for NSWindow is deprecated and we did not update the code with new flag.>> Fix is to use new flags as specified by apple doc
Are you sure that the new flag is a replacement of "NSTexturedBackgroundWindowMask"?
I think that this new flag is a replacement of "NSFullSizeContentViewWindowMask" which is
also used in the AWTWindow:

209         if (IS(styleBits, FULL_WINDOW_CONTENT))  type |= NSFullSizeContentViewWindowMask;

I guess the old property "NSTexturedBackgroundWindowMask" should be replaced by the
"NSWindowStyleMaskTexturedBackground" but it is also deprecated since 10.14:

http://codeworkshop.net/objc-diff/sdkdiffs/macos/10.14/AppKit.html

Modified NSWindowStyleMaskTexturedBackground
	Availability	Deprecation Message
From	Available	none
To	Deprecated	Textured window style should no longer be used