Re: Question on layer/peeling

Timo Kinnunen timo.kinnunen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 22:14:56 UTC 2015

The type in bytecode will be Object, but the type in source code will be V, with V=boxed complex number, for example. The idiom I’m thinking of is

Complex complex = numbers.get(nonexistentKey);

if(complex == null) return;

calculate(complex.re, complex.im);

(Complex is a value type, numbers is a Java 5 hash map)

--
Have a nice day,
Timo.

Sent from Windows Mail